“We empower ourselves every time we accept responsibility for choosing the thoughts and feelings we act on.” – Karen Casey
Every single thing that happens to us in life is an opportunity for growth and happens to make us better.
Each time something happens to us, particularly a negative event (one that we interpret as negative), we have a gift, the opportunity to choose love vs fear.
When we choose love, we grow, we expand and we are in tune with our true nature which is love and compassion.
When we choose fear, we are merely making a choice to hold onto the illusion of ego.
How you interpret the things that happen in life reflects your core beliefs.
Oftentimes people’s core beliefs are negative and reflect an ego-based self structure i.e. “I am worthless,” and “I don’t deserve love.”
It is empowering and it feels good to no longer have to hold onto these beliefs that no longer serve you. Instead, when you notice your mind clinging to these core beliefs, make a shift.
With gentle awareness, you can let go of these maladaptive beliefs rooted in fear. Just letting go of a negative belief is in and of itself choosing love.
When you choose love over fear, you are choosing truth over illusion.
It is an illusion to believe that your worth and value could ever be changed or impacted by what happens to you and how others treat you.
Shifting from disempowerment to empowerment is radical but all it takes is awareness and from awareness arises compassion, which fuels the desire to make the small shift.
Each and every time we choose love, we are reinforcing our awareness and recognition of truth, we become more aligned with our higher self.
We are sowing another seed and watering the one that is already there within us, that connection to who we really are.
It hurts to hold onto beliefs that are destructive and that reinforce poor self-esteem, as doing so leads to depression, anxiety and a host of other maladaptive coping just to deal with such a poor sense of self.
However, the key lies in your awareness of your mind and it’s patterns of thinking that are maladaptive.
Key tips on how to choose love over fear:
– Recognize your value which is inherent, changeless, eternal
– Recognize how the ego holds onto these negative core beliefs in order to maintain the “poor me” that is not good enough — this is fear
– Recognize that the only truth is love and that fear doesn’t exist. If fear doesn’t exist, then why live from the basis of it?
– Remember that form is always changing, people are always changing and relationships never stay the same–this is the only constant thing in life the essence of impermanence
– Remember that the universe is always working in your favor and wants you to learn from the lessons it presents to you. The universe presents certain event and circumstances sometimes over and over again until you pick up the lesson you need to learn. Each time you choose love over fear you have made an accomplishment a victory a miracle. It’s a radical shift and you are telling them universe, I got it.
– Nothing that seems bad is always bad and nothing that seems good is always good. When one person leaves another person comes.
– To recognize that this world is abundant is to recognize the love that exists in you. Like attracts like so if love resides in you, you will attract that without effort.
– The universe shifts each time you consciously choose love over fear. Your vibrational force your energy changes and so does the energy around you to accommodate your shift.
– Our minds can come up with a million excuses and reasons to hold onto fear the poor self. However, all it takes is the choice to let go of any of these reasons and just choose love.
– We complicate things when they don’t need to be complicated. All we ever have to do is choose love right here right now in this moment, that is all.
“Figure out who you are separate from your family, and the man or woman you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else.” – Angelina Jolie